- Crashing on a friends futon
- Going to a rave
- Pulling an all nighter
- Eating an entire pizza in one sitting
- Belly button piercing. Yup, at 19 I walked right into that tattoo shop and this super-wuss had a huge needle stuck through her belly. Five years later, I’m not sure if it’s age appropriate (or in style, for that matter).
- Raging on Thursday nights. While in college this was the norm, in the past year somewhere I just lost the ability to go out on Thursdays. Friday is my busy day at work and I just can’t bear to be hungover and miserable.
- Day drinking with college kids. What can I say? This just isn’t my style. St. Patrick’s day this year proved that.
- Sleeping in past 10:30. Why 10:30? Because 11am just sounds so late! I feel like I’ve lost my day. And while it goes against my religion to set an alarm on a weekend, I’m still always disappointed if I wake up past 10:30am. I always leave the shades up to let the natural light help my cause.
- Being embarrassed by my parents. Mine are cool. I like them (all 4 of them) and I like hanging out with them. All those silly things I was mortified by as a teenager have gone and I feel quite blessed (and a bit stupid that I was ever embarrassed in the first place). So go ahead Mom, sing Carly Simon with the windows down. In fact, I know the words, I’ll sing along! And Dad, it’s cute that all your t-shirts were free and are usually 10+ years old. We love you for it.
So what’s on your Murtaugh list? And how do you feel about belly button piercings?
Honesty is my policy! Do share.