In case you’re snowed in too, here’s some reading. I’m coming up on two years of blogging so I thought a little reflection was in order. Here are my 11 favorite blog posts I’ve ever written. With commentary, of course. And in no particular order:
1. It’s Just a Blog – I wrote this during a week that I felt like the blog world was maybe getting a little too full of itself. What would happen if my blog disappeared? Nothing.
2. Goals I have a 0% Chance of Achieving – A snapshot of the real me.
3. 10 Things College Kids Just Don’t Get – One of the few times I think I was actually funny.
4. How Pinterest Ruined Weddings – Stop it with the burlap and mason jars.
5. Forgive Her, Her Brain Isn’t Fully Developed – I’m not standing up for Miley Cyrus but I think we all needed a reminder that we weren’t all saints at her age. I also shared one of my most ridiculous pictures from a college date dash. Warning: Inappropriate police officer costume ahead.
6. Thoughts on Marriage – Straight from my brain, unfiltered. Why try something that so many others have failed at? I love the comments and thoughtful discussion this prompted.
7. What the Bloggers You Sponsor Won’t Tell You – I’d been wanting to write this post forever but was worried I would offend people. I don’t think I did and I stand by every word of it. Maybe this will help you get more out of your blog sponsorships.
8. Someday I Will – I wrote this post very spur of the moment. I did little editing and just let it flow. It turned out to be a post that people responded to in an overwhelmingly positive way.
9. It’s a Blessing in the Sky that He’s the Pie – Commentary on being an American and seeing America through an immigrants eyes. Plus a super handsome picture of N.
10. How to Look Like You Have Your Shit Together – I wrote the list I wish someone had given me when I graduated from college. Rainbow planners do not say “responsible grown up.”
11. 10 People Who Are Cooler Than Me – Still true. Still very me.
I also should add that amongst a couple of gems, there was an abundance of crap. I’m stunned if you’ve been with me since way back when. Thank you.