Last night, N and I saw About Time. Yes, I made my boyfriend see the most romantical romantic movie ever made. You guys, it puts The Notebook to shame. Nav’s review?
“It was good. It was quite good.”
Uh, YA. That’s the understatement of the century. It’s About Time they made a movie this perfect. Yeah, I just said that. Here are four reasons why About Time was perfection:
1. Time Travel. I think I grossly under convey how much I think about/talk about time travel in real life on this here blog. I have been obsessed with the idea for as long as I can remember. While it mildly offends me that only the men in this movie can time travel, it was awesome, none the less. They didn’t go into too much detail and ruin the magic of the idea. They simply made it beautiful.
2. Romance. Does anyone hate Rachel McAdams being the girl that the guy falls madly in love with? No, it’s impossible. You love her. Did anyone else notice that this is the second time she’s played a time travelers wife? The romance in this movie is never over the top, always sincere. I think I just sat in the theater with a stupid grin on my face the whole time.
3. A saucy ginger. Because who doesn’t love them?
4. Happy ending. Call me crazy but I have never liked a movie with a sucky ending. No, just no. I did not sit here for two hours just to be left confused or sad. I’m a happy ending person, through and through.
As we left the movie, feeling mushy and good, I kept going over the same thought in my mind. If I could travel back in time to re-live any day, which would I choose?
1. The day my brother was born. I think I’d just look at him and be like, dude, are you ready to get bossed around? We’re going to be best friends. I can’t help but think that this was the luckiest day of my life.
2. The day I met N. I’d like to say this is just to re-live it all, but the truth is, I don’t remember it! N gives me hell all the time because he vividly remembers the first time he met me and I don’t remember meeting him. I mean, I remember it but don’t remember the conversation we had or really much else aside from thinking he was cute. Girlfriend fail.
3. The day we first met Archie. Alright, we met him when he was a week old (check it out) but he wasn’t much fun then. I’d go back to the visit we had with him when he was 6 weeks old. Just because, my god he was cute as hell.
4. The time Kaylin flew from California to London to visit me for a weekend. I’d want to re-live this for the fun times. But also because, who has a friend this good? I’d been studying abroad in Paris for just over a month and she flew half way around the world to see me for two days. If that didn’t seal our best friendship, I don’t know what would. Later I found out that N was in London at the very same time, two years before we’d ever met. I think I’d try to run into him at a bar, make out with him, and not see him again until two years later when the timing was right.
What day would you re-live? And if you’ve seen About Time, are you as in love with this movie as I am?
Today I am so excited to introduce you to Katie from The Style Dunce.
Katie was brave enough to share what happens when outfit photos go wrong. Come on, you know you only post the really good ones too! Are you shy in real life? Katie is too and her post about shy people is charming and oh so true. But if there is one post you need to read, it’s what Katie would tell her niece (if she wasn’t 4). It’s hysterical, accurate, and heartwarming advice for women of all ages. Want to see more of Katie? Follow her on Bloglovin for your daily dose of dunce.