I always change up my makeup routine for spring. As someone who was loving the berry lips of winter, I’ve put away my darker colors in favor of lighter products. I’ve also discovered some new products that I love and had to share.
1. I received a sample of the L’Oreal Pore Vanisher in this month’s issue of Allure. I will use basically any sample so I slathered this stuff on my face, not expecting much. Within minutes I realized that I didn’t need to put on BB Cream or foundation. Nothing. It feels like velvet. It is the best my skin has looked recently and I added some concealer and skipped everything else. I went out to buy it immediately (with the $2 coupon from Allure).
2. Beauty bloggers rave about this stuff and I have too. I still use this under my eyes. I still love it. I recently learned to apply it by making an L shape under the eye and down the side of the nose, then crossing that over and connecting it, making a triangle, then filling it in. It feels like a lot of concealer but it makes my eyes look so much brighter!
3. I’ve been looking for a dupe for Benefit They’re Real Mascara for quite some time. I’d read good things about the green tube version of this but when I saw this pink tube with the “false lash” on the side, I knew I had to try it. It is Physicians Formula Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara. I love this stuff. It does a better job of lengthening than my usual L’Oreal Voluminous. Though it isn’t quite They’re Real, it’s the closest thing I’ve found at the drugstore. It stays on all day (and keeps my eyelashes curled, which non-waterproof mascara usually does not do) and washes off way easier than regular mascara.
4. Ulta got me with their damn buy one, get one 50% off and I wound up with this Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Charcoal. I wanted a charcoal color pencil, as it’s softer for spring. It does what it says it does.
5. I’ve bought too many of these Maybelline Color Whispers recently. The shade Lust for Blush is the perfect cool toned pink.
6. I’ve only been wearing blush for about a year. Can you believe it? Because now I’m obsessed with the stuff. Ulta Cheek Color in Girlie is by far the most natural color I’ve found.
7. Revlon Nail Enamel in Flirt is a light, punchy lavender, perfect for spring.
This is exactly what I was wearing on my face in yesterday’s post. It’s my new go-to beauty routine.
What products are you loving for spring?