I can confidently say that this week has been one of the best weeks of my life. Perhaps I should buy a lottery ticket because it feels like luck is on my side right now and I can’t stop smiling. So enough with the vague updates, let’s get on with it.
- If you follow me on Twitter, you know that my car broke down. It does that sometimes because I refuse to buy a new one because I’m not a car person and I don’t care that the paint is peeling off. I was fairly sure that I was facing a hefty repair so when I got a call that it was only a blown tube and would total $135, I was beyond thrilled.
- At 2:03pm on Wednesday, my whole world changed. You see, I’ve been vague about some of the things going on in my life, and I know that’s been annoying. At 2:03pm, Lisette was in the middle of setting up my new blog design. I had a ton of work to do, switching over social media profiles and writing an introductory post. And then my phone rang. I received a job offer for a job I really really wanted. I happily accepted. So while I kept refreshing my blog page with excitement, my heart was also bursting, knowing that I get to continue to do work that I care about, working with kids. And hey, my blog looks damn pretty too.
- Immediately after hearing all this in a 12 hour span, I was fairly sure I was going to die. If every single thing falls in to place all at once, something bad is bound to happen, right? N rolled his eyes when I told him this and then took me out to a glorious sushi dinner.
- I got so excited following the phone call and had to rush out to a work event. Doing your makeup while calling every member of your family is not the best idea for someone who isn’t stellar at makeup to begin with. And that’s how I wound up with double the amount of cream blush that any human should wear ever. And of course the work event involved a lot of smiling and picture-taking. Lovely.
- But since it can’t be all sunshine and rainbows, I should tell you that I’ve fallen out of love with my short hair. It’s been rainy and I can’t curl it and really, I’m just over it. The humidity is not helping. I miss braids. But aside from that, I’m feeling on top of the world!
I’m headed to the beach this weekend. If one more good thing happens to me, I’ll cry and implode. My heart can’t handle all this goodness.